Pancetta Cheese Twirls make the Perfect Party Snack
August 30, 2018
These Pancetta Cheese Twirls make the perfect party snack! The other day we spontaneously had friends over to watch the FIFA World Cup and this was my go to recipe. For my American friends: These are great for the Super Bowl, or whatever y’all like to watch. They are quick and easy to prepare, only 10 minutes preparation time and another 10 in the oven. While they taste great when warm, they are also super delicious when cooled down, so you can easily prepare them in advance.
Preparation: 10 min
Baking: 10 min
Total: 20 min
Ingredients (for 10 sticks):
100g smoked pancetta cubes
100g grated mozzarella
100g grated cheddar
1 puff pastry sheet (320g) e.g. Jus-Rol
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (360 degrees Fahrenheit)
2. Roll out the puff pastry on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Cut it in about 1 inch wide stripes (Cut down from the wider side as shown in picture).
3. Beat the egg and brush it on the puff pastry.
4. Spread the pancetta cubes and cheese evenly on the puff pastry.
5. Carefully twist each strip of pastry about 5 times (I find it easiest to twist them twice from one side and three times from the other side). If any cheese or pancetta falls out just put it back on top of the pastry.
6. Bake for about 10 minutes. They taste great warm as well as cooled down.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe! On which occasion did you make these? Let me know in the comments!